70 percent of consumers say they prefer to get to know a company by reading their articles, versus reading their advertisements. (see infographic below)
Another study shows that content marketing generates more leads than a superbowl advertisement.
Why is it so Important to do Content Marketing?
1. It Works. More than 73 percent of business-to-business companies plan on increasing their content marketing in 2014. Because it works. So, you need content is high quality, and engaging.
2. It Targets. The people who find your content and read it are the leads you want to do business with. And unlike advertisements that reach millions –– including people who you’ll never do business with. Content marketing gives you a smaller, targeted list of contacts.
3. It’s Credible. What is more likely to persuade you to buy a product you don’t know much about –– a one-line advertisement or a well-written article backed with research? Content marketing is the perfect opportunity to give the details of a product, and improve your company brand.
4. It’s Customer-Friendly. People are more likely to buy from a company that offers great content .This means you are more likely to get repeat sales from people because they are familiar with your company, and like how you communicate with them.
5. It’s Cost-Effective. At a small percentage of the cost of an advertisement, content has the potential to bring you quality leads –– indefinitely. Every time someone shares, or likes your content, you build social proof that you’re a company to pay attention to.
What Types of Content Marketing Work?
Ensure Your Content Works as a Benefit. Not a Liability.
The Internet waits for no one. But it also isn’t going away.
The content you post today will be online –– available to
your prospects –– for a long time.
Content is promoting your company while you sleep, while you celebrate your birthday, during the next presidential election, and on and on…
An each time your content is read by a potential prospect,
you’re building credibility. Trust. A connection.
Anything you post online can and may be used against you. Be careful what you write. Focus on quality.